Welcome back! I hope that you all had a lovely, well earned break. I am sure you will agree with me that the sunshine has made staying at home a great deal more pleasant for us all!
I have a few updates for you at this point:
1. Our staff will be making contact with all of our pupils via email for a well-being check and to ask about engagement with school work. This will support you as parents and carers at home during this time.
2. I would like to remind you about the schedules we sent to you before the Easter break that can be used to help organise tasks and work at home. Pupils should now be getting back on track with their school work after having two weeks off!
3. Over the next few days we will communicate with all Y11 families regarding our next steps following the government announcement about GCSE qualifications and awarding of grades.
4. Below are a number of links that you may find useful to access whilst at home to support your child (from the DfE and BBC). The BBC bitesize website has been advertised on the news today and will prove very useful for daily tasks and activities.
5. I would like to thank all of those families that donated to our ‘GoFundMe’ page – almost £6000 has been raised and has allowed us to provide families in need with food parcels.
6. I would like you to join me in thanking Mr Goodenough, Miss O Hanlon and Mr Hargreaves, (the Technology department), for making and providing the NHS with masks and garments. These have been greatly received.
7. I believe this is the last daily blog I will write for a while as I am hoping a number of our pupils will get involved. We have Hannah and Ben currently writing tomorrows so we shall look forward to that.
Finally, I would like to thank you once again for your continued support and I urge you to watch this short clip below that someone sent to me over the weekend – ‘Sunscreen – We’ll meet again class of 2020’. It brought a smile to my face.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.