Welcome to Sixth Form
Christ the King is a flourishing Sixth Form which provides an outstanding environment in which our students thrive, both academically and personally. At the root of this is our determination to meet the needs of all of our students, maintain high academic standards and provide opportunities to ensure that our students are well prepared for the next stage in their life journey.
We firmly believe that our achievements are based upon the key strength of positive relationships. Everybody matters in our Sixth Form, and the rapport between staff and students underpins the purposeful and creative learning environment that we all enjoy. We provide a favourable teacher to student ratio which, coupled with our strong pastoral and mentor teams, provide the support necessary to enable our students to realise their potential. Our aim is to translate student’s hopes and ambitions for the future in to academic and personal successes. This is achieved through a combination of student endeavour, effective teaching, challenging targets and robust tracking systems.
We take great pride in our students’ achievements. We believe that we provide a curriculum for students of different abilities and we thank you for taking the time to find out more about our Sixth Form. We hope the course information effectively illustrates the learning environment and curriculum we offer, but if you would like to come see for yourself, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to meeting you.
Mr J Alexander
(Head of Sixth Form)
What can Christ the King Sixth Form offer me?
- A wide range of A Level and Level 3 vocational courses which may be studied in combination
- A pathway entry system to match you to the right course
- High standards and opportunities to reach your full potential
- A friendly, supportive atmosphere
- Dedicated and professional staff
- An excellent pastoral system including one-to-one mentor sessions
- Excellent study facilities
- A very favourable teacher to student ratio meaning more individual attention
- First-rate Higher Education and careers advice
- Opportunities to take part in a range of extra-curricular activities
- A wide and varied enrichment programme